685 Commerce Street
P.O. Box 31
Stuart, VA 24171
Tele: (276) 694-3772| Fax: (276) 694-4684
Located in downtown Stuart, VA, Clark Gas & Oil, Inc. had its early beginnings in 1928 from a partnership of three brothers, E. Lyle Clark, J. Myron Clark, and W. Blair Clark, Sr. They were commission agents for Standard Oil Company of New Jersey and sold the Esso brand of petroleum products. In the early years, Clark would deliver to homes and country stores throughout Patrick County. Lamp oil (kerosene) would be carried in the stores in five-gallon cans, poured into a kerosene tank, and dispensed through a hand pump into gallon cans. Esso gasoline was delivered to fuel the growing automobile population.